I am only a week into my first blog. So imagine my complete surprise when miusho nominated me for The Creative Blogger Award! (Thank you again, by the way!)
Now it is my turn to share the love, and in turn nominate those that I think also deserve this award.
THE RULES: As much as we may hate them, everything in life has rules.
1. Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify the nominees.
2. Post the link of the blog that nominated you.
3. Share five random facts about yourself.
My Nominees: The hard part for me was finding at least 15 people to nominate, especially since I am a new blogger and don’t know many people just yet. However, I was very careful in my selection, so rest assured that these nominations are well deserved. Head on over to pay them a visit!
6. Of Opinions
12. Fight Alone
“So I have a secret, that no one should know, that I shouldn’t tell…”
Well, as opposed to that Coheed and Cambria lyric (which is from a song called “The Willing Well II: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness”, awesome song!), I don’t have many secrets, and as per the rules I have to tell you 5 facts about me.
1. I am an aspiring cosmetologist, which is inspired by my love of self-expression, art, individuality, and beauty. Also let’s me have a work environment where I can be myself, which in case you haven’t noticed I feel VERY strongly about. I am applying for AVEDA this year.
2. I am originally from a small town called Bogue Chitto, Mississippi. (Try your hand at pronouncing that one!) Yes, I have the accent, yes I say “y’all”, “howdy”, and all the other words in the Southern vocabulary. Despite my appearance and writing, I still fully embrace my heritage, in case the stubborn, wild streak didn’t give it away. (Here’s some of that duality I have alluded to.)
3. Small town girls DO get to dream big! While I will be attending school in Baton Rouge, currently I am on extended vacation in Scotland (6 months total) with my boyfriend, since he is from here. I am eating the culture, music, sights, and awesome food up!
4. Speaking of food… Despite my somewhat small stature, I LOVE food, and can outeat almost any average man. I love sushi (eel is to die for), curry (vindaloo is preferred), seafood (and eat it), black pudding (don’t think about what it is, just try it) and BBQ to name a few. My boyfriend jokes that one of the reasons he loves me is because I can demolish a rack of ribs before he can.
5. I LOVE Sphynx cats. They are adorable, naked (for Southern inflection read “nekkid”), and so WRINKLY!
Congrats to the nominees! Keep writing, my friends!